Artists’ Play Youth Performance Company serves as an enriching experience for students at Artists’ Play who want to reach the next level. Students aged 11 and up are auditioned in the beginning of the season.
Throughout the year dancers take a company class and have the opportunity to work with well known and established choreographers who work throughout the GTA as well as nationally and internationally.
Lucy Rupert (Modern)
Kelly Gammie (Urban)
Who Can Audition?
Student of Artists’ Play ages 11 & up.
Presently taking at least 2 dance classes a week.
They must show commitment, 3 years of previous training in ballet or jazz and a passion for dance.
How many performance will my child participate in?
Last year they performed at the Riverdale Share, Kiwanis, at one of our cabarets as well as the youth co’s own show. We are looking at finding other opportunities this year for youth co. It is a great opportunity for the children, as we find other opportunities for them to be involved with dance throughout the year.
Who are some of the past choreographers that have worked with the company?
- Carloine Niklas-Gordon – Modern *Best Novice Group – 2015 Kiwanis Festival
- Allen Kaeja – Modern (Kaeja d’Dance)
- Lucy Rupert – Modern (Blue Ceiling Dance)
- Amy Hampton – Modern (AKA Dance)
- Elizabeth Dawn Snell – Jazz, Modern
- Jason Vanstone – Hip-Hop, Modern
- Stephen Scott Findlay – Jazz
- Diana Lopez – Aerials
- Sarah Murphy-Dyson – Ballet
- Lua Shayenne – African Dance
- Malgorzata Nowacka – Modern (Chimera Project)
- Dana Bondy – Jazz
- Susie Burpee (Modern)
- Jennifer Robichaud (Contemporary)
When are the next auditions?
T.B.D. October 2017